Altamira Technologies has a long and successful history providing innovative solutions throughout the U.S. National Security community. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Altamira serves the defense, intelligence and homeland security communities by focusing on creating innovative solutions leveraging common standards in architecture, data and security. Altamira believes that our people and the culture of our company differentiate us from other companies. We focus on recruiting talented, self-motivated employees that strive to find a way to get things done. Join our team of experts as we engineer national security!In the current information environment, separating useful data from the chaff is an invaluable skill. Come use your experience to deliver actionable intelligence to our clients and accelerate the future of protecting national security. Altamira is in search of Farsi Language Enabled Analysts in Dayton, OH to support the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC).
Language-enabled analysts provide our clients with a clear understanding of the ever changing technological and operational environment in given regions. You will use your knowledge of foreign languages and cultures to combine information from disparate sources to provide an accurate picture of the environment. The translation and analysis you provide will validate information in direct support of your client, the broader IC, and senior policymakers. You will explore new data sources and use tradecraft as the expert in your region to provide the client with recommendations. This is a chance to grow your expertise, develop new skills in key structured analytic techniques, and language. Come join our team and share your methodologies with other analysts.Job Responsibilities:
- The work will take place at customer site.
- Work both from the foreign language into English and in some cases, English into the foreign language.
- Performing high volume, accurate translation, transcription, and interpretation of foreign language information and reporting that information in colloquial English.
- Additional tasks may include quality control, review, gisting, training, research, and others as necessary.
- 4+ years of experience with conducting open-source research
- Experience with researching in the source language on foreign language websites
- Ability to demonstrate and ILR score of 2 or higher in listening and reading on the DLPT, ILR, ODA, or ACTFL Advanced Low in the Farsi language
- TS/SCI clearance
- HS diploma or GED
- Knowledge of computer programming languages, including Python, R, SQL, Java, or Tableau
- Knowledge of other IC disciplines
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must possess a TS/SCI or higher clearance.
To apply please follow