Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is actively seeking a highly qualified Open-Source Collector to support the Intelligence and Defense communities. Outstanding candidates will have the ability to quickly discover information, create reports, and perform their duties independently with little guidance. At ARA, our goal is to improve our nation’s safety, security, and way of life. Your contribution matters and you’ll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact by joining our team!
The ideal candidate will have an active interest in working with open-source data in foreign languages, creating reports, and working within established security protocols. Candidates will respond to requests for information (RFIs) by writing reports and exploiting publicly available data. The candidate must be willing to build an independent program of discovery and reporting to support the assigned mission. This position is in Patrick AFB, FL.
Individuals who are passionate about applying their expertise to solve problems of national importance, who have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and who are seeking opportunities for personal and professional growth in a stable environment are strongly encouraged to apply.
Required Junior Open-Source Collector Qualifications:
- US Citizen with Top Secret clearance and willing to submit to a polygraph
- Bachelor's degree with 2-4 years of relevant work experience as an intelligence analyst or linguist. Equivalent professional experience (at least 8 years) will be considered for talented candidates without a degree.
- Russian language proficiency (DLPT 2 or equivalent in reading and listening)
- Experience discovering and synthesizing open-source data
- Experience creating reports from open-source information
- Experience creating and implementing open-source collection plans
- Knowledge of OSINT tradecraft
- Excellent writing skills and experience writing detailed reports
- Ability to translate Russian content into written English reports
Additional Junior Open - Source Collector Desirable Qualifications:
- Proven experience with statistical analysis and/or data science
- Political, geopolitical, and historical knowledge
- Team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate
Who is ARA?
Do you want to work for a purpose? Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company. We have been providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences since 1979. ARA has over 1,700 employee-owners and continues to grow rapidly. Together, our offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides itself, on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. Employee ownership ensures you have a voice in what happens in the company. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN), whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about what the Integrated Mission Systems Sector has to offer, visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/benefits/
- 2 - 4 years: Relevant Work Experience
- Bachelors or better
Licenses & Certifications
- Top Secret Clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply please follow