BBC - Data Analyst
Contract type: Fixed for 6 months
Location: Flexible (or London, Salford, Bristol).
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Broadcast and End-User Technology, within Technology Group, designs and develops the solutions the BBC requires for media creation, commissioning, planning and scheduling, and the authoring and management of metadata. We also own the provision of the end-user devices and experiences, networks, and remote access technologies which are used by everyone across the BBC. Our work touches everyone who works for the BBC and all of our output, and we’re focussed on serving all audiences and delivering technology excellence for our colleagues.
We now looking to recruit a data analyst to join our data and business intelligence team. Part of our Architecture & Supply Chain function, the data team are working on making the use of enterprise data a core part of the way we manage our technology estate. The team help solution leads to find facts, tell the data story, simplify process, provide business insight, and drive value across B&EUT.
- Supports the data discovery, extract, analyse, transform and visualise lifecycle in response to business challenges and objectives
- Proven experience working within environments with a diverse data landscape
- Experience of using a variety of scripting tools, including Python, R, PowerShell, and visualisation tools, such as Tableau and Power BI
- Work with project teams to identify detailed data requirements, is creative in the use of data, and can engage and excite the audience with a selection of data visualisations
- Understands the importance of managing personal data securely along with data policies and data protection legislation to ensure security and apply to data requirements