Booz Allen Hamilton - Open Source Intelligence Analyst
Do you find yourself constantly looking for more and better information? Do you want a job where you can use your knowledge and research skills to improve national security? More connected devices, larger storage capacity, and faster connections have resulted in an explosion of available information. The problem facing the Intelligence Community (IC) is no longer how to get more data – it’s understanding how to turn massive amounts of data into answers. That’s where you come in. With critical thinking and flexibility, you quickly seek out the accurate data sources, sift through the raw data, and turn it into valuable intelligence. If you have strong analytical skills and a problem-solving mindset, we have an opportunity to use those skills to support our warfighters, protect our national security, and inform our nation's leaders.
As an open-source intelligence (OSINT) and publicly available information (PAI) analyst on our team, you’ll explore new data sources, create effective queries, and combine information from disparate sources to support the United States and operational partners. Apply expertise in operations, intelligence, qualitative and quantitative analysis, and collections to enhance the client mission. Find and work with available web and social media content, construct new OSINT and PAI tradecraft documents and workflows, and analyze the development of OSINT and PAI tradecraft, including integration across multiple intelligence disciplines and systems. You will leverage knowledge of Python or R, customize tools for select acquisition of bulk PAI data, and use internet technologies and observables, including process automation.
Empower change with us.
- 3+ years of experience with OSINT analysis, including developing collection plans and risk assessments
- Experience with PAI analytic principals
- Experience with all source intelligence processes, data evaluation, and analytical tools and database
- Knowledge of internet-based research, including Boolean logic, search engine, database resources, internet sources, including social media, social networking tools, data exploitation, and commercial- and industry-based databases
- Knowledge of national and service-specific OSINT policy and regulations
- Ability to conduct independent analysis to support mission requirements and use enhanced search procedures and tools to support the usage of PAI
- TS/SCI clearance
- HS diploma or GED
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with advanced search techniques, information databases, data visualization, and related tools
- Knowledge of intelligence disciplines, including Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), Human Intelligence (HUMINT), and Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT)
- Ability to manage research and coordination for long-term projects
- Master's degree in International Affairs, Political Science, Foreign Area Studies, National Security Studies, Linguistics, Business, or Library Science
- Completion of OS301 Basic Open-Source Intelligence Course
- Completion of OS302 Intermediate OSINT Tools and Tradecraft Course
- Completion of OS303 Advanced OSINT Tradecraft Course
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and intelligence. When you join Booz Allen, we’ll help you develop the career you want.
Challenging projects – Whether training analysts on military equipment through VR technology; developing a simulation capability to allow teams to rehearse missions together; or integrating RFID tags into mobile devices to enable data access within a geo parameter, you’ll get to solve some of the world’s toughest problems
Meaningful work – Use your skills to empower change. Your work will keep citizens and warfighters safe and well both at home and abroad
State-of-the-art technology – Broaden your intelligence capabilities with digital forensics, telematics, precision navigation, secure mobile operations, and advanced analytics
New skills – In-house experts and partnerships with tech leaders, like Nvidia and Splunk, mean you can get practical experience with advanced GPU technologies, cyber security, and data science
Room to grow – You’ll be inspired to grow your career while making your ideas a reality thanks to new opportunities across the U.S. and abroad, encouraging mentors, and collaborative colleagues