The City of Fayetteville is currently recruiting for an Investigative Assistant to assist in and perform technical and investigative work associated with criminal cases; to assist in the performance of detectives who are responsible for investigative work in the prevention, detection and enforcement of violations of the law; and to perform related activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist detectives in contacting victims and witnesses of crimes, assist in locating suspects, gathering evidence, and assist in investigating violations of the law.
- Assist detectives with the preparation of and follow-up to investigations, reports, felony folders, and all other required reports following the guidelines set forth in the Departmental General Orders or Operating Procedures.
- Prepare necessary documentation needed to prosecute criminals and testify as an expert witness in criminal court as needed.
- Assist in the preparation and/or completion of search warrants, non-testimonial court orders, and juvenile petitions or prepare court orders and documentation; notarize documents as needed.
- Review Crime Analyst data to assist detectives in trends to anticipate criminal activity.
- Research, investigate and review databases to assist detectives, to include Leads on Line, Accurint, DCI, Linx, Insurance, NCAWARE, PWC utility database.
- Prepare photo line-ups from mug shots and submitted photographs; print and distribute crime scene photographs; upload, retrieve, catalog, archive and maintain electronic and manual photographic images.
- Review police reports submitted by police officers; work with other agencies, assisting detectives, to obtain police reports, background checks, mug shots, fingerprints, and bookings; photograph crime scenes and transports evidence.
- Gather, scan, sort Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) for death and homicide investigations; may assist homicide detectives with all death investigations assigned to the unit, including natural deaths, suspicious deaths, overdoses, suicides, and homicides; become a certified Mobile Operator and Physical Analyst to extract and analyze all data from mobile devices utilizing Gray Key and Cellebrite machine to assist detectives with death investigations (Homicide unit only).
- Become Geospatial Analysis certified to map and analyze mobile devices and cellular towers to help detectives during their investigations.
- May assist homicide detectives with collecting and analyzing surveillance video to assist detectives with death investigations.
Health and Dental Insurance:
The City of Fayetteville Employee Healthcare Benefit Plan provides comprehensive and affordable health and dental coverage while maintaining reasonable costs to employees. Coverage is available for all regular status employees scheduled to work 30 hours or more per week. Employees may also choose to cover eligible dependents. The premium is deducted on a pre-tax basis, with the City paying a portion of the premium. Qualifying employees are eligible for benefits on the 1st day of the month following 30 days of service.
Employer Paid Leave
Paid Vacation: Employees earn vacation leave beginning the first day of employment, however, they are not eligible to take leave for 6 months. Leave accruals are based upon the number of years of service and the number of hours an employee is scheduled to work.
Paid Holidays: The City of Fayetteville observes 11 paid holidays per calendar year. The approved holidays are New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran's Day, 2 days at Thanksgiving and 2 days at Christmas.
Sick / Funeral Leave: Regular employees earn sick leave in proportion to the number of hours they are scheduled to work per week. Sick leave accruals begin the first day of employment. Sick leave can also be taken for deaths in your extended family. Sick leave hours accumulate without limits and may be used toward credible service upon retirement from the NC Local Government Retirement System.
The City assists our employees in securing their financial future during retirement by participating in the Local Governmental Employees' Retirement System, administered by the State of North Carolina. Regular status employees, scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week, become members in the retirement system upon employment. As a member of this system, employees are required to contribute 6 percent of their gross salary on a tax-deferred basis.
Deferred Compensation Plans:
To further assist employees in saving for retirement, the City offers two supplemental retirement savings programs. These programs offer employees an opportunity to save a portion of their salary on a tax-deferred basis to supplement their retirement benefit. The programs offered are 401(k) Supplemental Retirement Income Plan and the ICMA 457 Plan.
Cafeteria Plan / Supplemental Benefits:
Realizing that each employee may have different insurance needs, the City offers its employees the opportunity to supplement City-provided benefits by selecting from the benefits listed below. These benefits are offered at employee's expense through payroll deduction:
- Term Life Insurance (Pre-tax basis first $50,000 for employees)
- Dependent Term Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Universal Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance (Pre-tax basis)
- Disability Insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (Pre-tax basis)
The first year an employee contributes to the retirement system, the city provides a death benefit of $3,000. After one year as a contributing member of the Retirement System, a death benefit is provided that is equal to the highest 12 months' salary in a row during the 24 months before death, no less than $25,000 and no more than $50,000. There is no cost to the employee for these benefits.
Pay Periods/Direct Deposit:
City employees are paid bi-weekly, every other Friday. As an added convenience and safety measure, the City requires all new employees to sign up for direct deposit of their payroll checks.
Employee Assistance Program:
The EAP is available at no cost to all employees and their household members. The EAP provides confidential guidance on legal, financial and personal issues that could affect your health, relationships and job performance.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.80 per hour