About the job
About The Company
Cybereason is on a mission to reverse the adversary's advantage by empowering defenders with ingenuity and technology to end cyber attacks. Talking of technology, we posted the best results in the history of MITRE ATT&CK Evaluations and were named a leader in the 2022 Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms by Gartner inc.
We have the technology, and now we are looking to expand our talent! Come and talk to us about joining as a Security Analyst in our SOC and work with a a diverse team of passionate people who win as one, ensuring a customer-first approach is core to everything we do and never giving up on reversing the adversary’s advantage.
About The Role
Cybereason is looking for curious, diligent, technical people to be a part of our Global Security Operations team. As a member of this elite team, you’ll take an integral role, providing Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and Managed Extended Detection and Response (MXDR) services to large organisations around the globe. You’ll be working closely with some of the best minds in incident response, malware analysis, and security research, partnering with our customers and partners to defend against the most advanced adversaries.
We value our people and empower them to work remotely. As we operate a ‘follow the sun’ global model we don’t ask our people to work unsociable hours.
We are considering candidates located in Ireland or The UK.
What You'll Be Responsible For
- Being the point of escalation and performing security analysis of the most critical endpoint alerts (MDR)
- Applying your expertise to piece together the attack chain across customers complex environments including cloud, identity, email, network, and endpoint (MXDR)
- Participating in various stages of incident investigations including taking decisive steps to respond to active breaches and protect our customers
- Threat hunting across customers environments searching for attackers or remnants of their activity
- Analysis and research into new, emerging, or trending attacks, actors, malware samples and TTPs
- Ability to collect, process, and exploit OSINT to facilitate the creation of better hunting queries and contribute the creation of Threat Alerts.
- Engaging in customer-facing interactions at all levels from SOC analysts to c-suite executives
What We Are Looking For
- 2 - 3 + years of relevant cybersecurity experience with a strong knowledge working in security operations
- 2 - 3 + years of relevant cybersecurity experience in at least two of the following is a must:
- Endpoint security, malware analysis, threat hunting, penetration testing, incident response, reverse engineering, or digital forensics
- Strong knowledge of modern operating systems
- Windows – a must
- OS X and Linux – advantage
- Solid foundation in networking protocols and architectures
- Experience with a scripting language (Python, Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Self-motivated and results-oriented; capable of leading and completing assignments without supervision
- Strong organisational skills and ability to handle a wide range of tasks and re-prioritize them on short notice
- Motivation to constantly improve processes and methodologies
- Able both independently as well collaborate within a team in a remote work setting
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, ability to elucidate technical content to non-technical personnel
- Must have excellent English reading, writing, and speaking skills
- 2nd European language would be an advantage but not essential
More About Cybereason
Our culture and how we operate reflects in our shared values. Our #Defenders are individuals with diverse skill sets and backgrounds who are driven to innovate and scale with our growing organization. We are a team that strives to learn from each other, solve challenging problems, and work collaboratively toward our goal of reversing the adversary advantage.
- Win As One: The power of an individual is less than the power of a team.
- Ever Evolving: Change keeps us at the forefront, so we encourage it.
- Daring: To achieve the impossible, we must dare to be different.
- Obsessed with Customers: We believe gaining our customers’ trust is the most important part of what we do.
- Never Give Up: We are tenacious and resilient, and we never stop.
- UbU: We believe people can only unlock their full potential when they work somewhere that accepts who they are.
If these values resonate with you and our vision excites you, join us today and help us end cyber attacks from the endpoint to everywhere! #Defenders
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Cybereason we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace (#uBu), so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
To apply please follow