We at Leidos are seeking you, our next Chinese OSINT Specialist to provide collection and exploitation of publicly-available information (PAI).
Based in Reston Virginia, you will conduct strategic, tactical, and operational exploitation of various publicly available data sources, to include unconventional deep and dark web sources with the purpose of assessing value to our customers’ interests. You have a demonstrated aptitude for problem solving complex technical issues, identifying, transforming, thinking outside the box, and a strong sense of accountability. You have experience synthesizing foreign language information and concepts into easy-to-read English-language intelligence reports.
Ideally you have a mix of AOR expertise, native/expert level knowledge of the AOR language and geopolitical environment, intellectual curiosity, communications skills, customer-focus, and operational experience to improve the performance and user adoption of high-end data analytics platforms in partnership with a highly qualified, highly motivated team. We know you are a motivated, self-driven team player who can multi-task and interact well with others and advise/consult with other team members on complex global issues.
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
- Respond to requests for information (RFIs) from customers by collecting data, interpreting results, and drafting detailed written reports.
- Work directly with the requester to re-scope and define tasks, manage expectations, and provide an understanding of OSINT capabilities.
- Find novel solutions for conducting open source exploitation in order to identify areas of operational efficiencies for the open source intelligence program.
- Work directly with the quality control team to provide uniform and professionalized reporting in line with the customer requirements.
- Collaborating with CTR, CIV, and other parties in the collection process, OSINT requirements, AOR developments, and other aspects related to the collector position.
- Be flexible in adjusting for real-world crisis events and providing close to real time collection as required.
This is you:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent specialized language education & training with at least 4+ years of professional experience as an intelligence analyst, data collector, or linguist
- Must be a US Citizen with an active Top Secret security clearance and willing to submit to a CI polygraph
- Spoken and written fluency in Chinese
- Experience with Boolean logic, natural language processing, social media analytics, data correlation, and data visualizations
- Ability to write reports, format and populate dashboards, and provide context to data
- Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skills
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Prior OSINT experience, particularly drafting of OSIRs
- Current TS/SCI is preferred
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Proven experience with data exploitation techniques
- Ability to script analyses and write algorithms to partially automate tasks in Python or R
- Proven experience with statistical data mining techniques
Pay Range $66,300.00 - $119,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply please follow