Leidos is looking for a senior Cyber Analyst to join our Security Operations Center (SOC) in support of our customer at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
The Application Security Engineer (ASE) ensures the security of our applications. This role will focus on the evaluation of vulnerabilities and their impacts within our applications and validate if they are exploitable. The ASE will make use of the Threat Research Environment along with OSINT to determine methods for detecting exploitation. In addition, this role will:
- Generate intelligence on actively exploited CVE
- Develop rules for detecting exploitation of CVE
- Enhance the protection of NOAA applications through collaboration with constituents, analysts, and engineers to address security risks throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Recommend methodologies to ensure compliance with organizational policies and industry standard best practices
- Identifying opportunities to harden security components for these applications
- Provide technical guidance on security controls
- Provide code analysis support to remediate vulnerabilities in custom applications
- Perform hands-on security testing to proactively discover risks
Hiring of this position is dependent on the customer approving the candidate, and the candidate passing the agency security checking process prior to starting. The position will support core hours and have some flexibility to telework approximately 50% of the time, pending approval of the customer.
- Requires BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience in order to operate within the scope contemplated by the level; experience in lieu of degree may be acceptable.
- Prior experience performing as a SOC analyst
- Prior experience performing similar application security functions
- Working knowledge of SIEM solutions and incident management solutions
- Technical understanding of core cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- CEH, GCIH, or relevant IT technology certification
- Upbeat and positive attitude
- Hands-on cybersecurity experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vector, and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Familiarity with the NOAA mission.
- Must be US Citizen.
- Must be able to maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Top Secret Clearance (Interim Top Secret or adjudicated Secret acceptable).
- Fairmont, WV