Ready to catapult your career? You have learned how to be an intelligence analyst, data collector, or linguist and are eager to explore other opportunities that will help you grow professionally with a team that cares about your future.
Here at Leidos in our Innovation Center (LInC) we are seeking you, our next Chinese (Mandarin) Open Source Collector to provide collection and exploitation of publicly-available information (PAI). Based in Cape Canaveral, Florida, you will conduct strategic, tactical, and operational exploitation of various publicly available data sources, to include unconventional deep and dark web sources with the purpose of assessing value to our customers’ interests. You have a demonstrated aptitude for problem solving complex technical issues, identifying, transforming, thinking outside the box, and a strong sense of accountability. Ideally you have a mix of AOR expertise, native/expert level knowledge of the AOR language and geopolitical environment, intellectual curiosity, communications skills, customer-focus, and operational experience to improve the performance and user adoption of high-end data analytics platforms in partnership with a highly qualified, highly motivated team. We know you are motivated, self-driven team player who can multi-task and interact well with others and advise/consult with other team members on complex global issues.
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
- Respond to requests for information (RFIs) from customers by collecting data, interpreting results, and drafting detailed written reports
- Work directly with the requester to re-scope and defines tasks, manage expectations, and provide an understanding of OSINT capabilities.
- Find novice solutions for conducting open source exploitation in order to identify areas of operational efficiencies for the open source intelligence program
- Work directly with the quality control team to provide uniform and professionalized reporting in line with the customer requirements.
- Collaborating with CTR, CIV, and other parties in the collection process, OSINT requirements, AOR developments, and other aspects related to the collector position.
- Be flexibly in adjusting for real-world crisis events and providing close to real time collection as required.