National Football League - Manager, Global Intelligence and Threat Analyst
The Global Intelligence and Threat Analyst anticipates and assesses threats that could harm, or make vulnerable, the NFL, its employees, guests, or assets and establishes and oversees various special security programs designed to do the same. The analyst reviews information from open/public sources, official sources, and professional contacts, and conducts timely, accurate, relevant, and creative assessments of national and international security issues. He or she produces a range of written and verbal analyses for employees and management of the League, supporting or driving the League’s security and crisis management operations. The analyst manager is also responsible for such ongoing traveler’s alert programs and emergency notification systems.
- The Analyst will provide expertise across all aspects of the NFL’s effort to monitor threats from terrorism and criminal matters, collect intelligence, perform impact analysis and report to key decision makers and stakeholders.
- The successful candidate will play a role in identifying and developing security programs to protect the most valuable assets of the NFL, to include critical business activities, physical infrastructure, human resources, intellectual property and business relationships.
- The candidate will develop and execute new initiatives to simplify, standardize and optimize threat monitoring operations methods and tools to reduce analysis and reporting times and increase security, availability, service agility, and global synergy across all NFL equities.
- More specifically, the primary responsibilities include the following:
- Establish best-practice methodologies for incident/change/problem management.
- Support the development of innovative threat reporting operations processes and tools from concept to delivery with a focus on the latest innovations, virtualization and big data.
- Manage oversight of complex security operations processes based on a combination of vendors, custom solutions, and internal resources.
- Support the answering of routine and emergency calls, monitoring alarms and video equipment including fire alarms, camera systems, door alarms, and duress alarms, and providing general assistance to employees, vendors, and guests.
- Work closely with other NFL departments, to include Information Technology, Football Operations, Legal, Finance, International, Management Council, NFL Films, NFL Network, Corporate Development, Consumer Research, etc. to proactively ensure security operations capabilities are capable of handling emerging and future business requirements.
- Will assist in security incidents (medical, safety, natural disasters, etc.) and dispatch security officers, ERT, facilities, police, fire, and EMS personnel as required via telephone and/or radio.
- Participate in disaster recovery/business continuity activities, as needed.
- Other responsibilities may include the following:
- Advance security programs in support of teams and NFL-wide through government liaison with the federal intelligence and law enforcement community, including FBI, Homeland Security, Secret Service, State Department Diplomatic Service, and joint terrorism task forces.
- Identify, research and analyze the most prominent threats to the NFL’s business.
- Lead special project teams, as required.
- Conduct/assist in sensitive investigations as needed.
- Liaison with other sports leagues and sports industry associations.
- Assist clubs with security issues involving offices, club facilities, operational locations, owners' meetings, Draft, Super Bowl and International Series Games.
- Perform related duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Experience in developing and executing security programs (from policy to operations).
- The ideal candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills and solid background in intelligence collection, threat analysis, security communications tools and technologies.
- Proven track record of supporting and actively engaged in security operations processes, tools and technologies through an evidence-based operational improvement and decision-making approach to best meet security objectives and priorities.
- Knowledge and understanding of analysis on international security issues, including though not exclusively related to terrorism.
- Must have technical knowledge and demonstrate the core fundamentals of latest innovations in threat monitoring and reporting technologies.
- Excellent communicator and able to drive consensus across diverse/global security stakeholders.
- 4+ years of related experience in law enforcement, military or private/public sector security operations center intelligence and operations.
Other Key Attributes / Characteristics
- Proven track record as a strong communicator – written and oral presentations, capable of rapidly creating detailed written reports
- Advanced knowledge and experience with various social media platforms, OSINT, and related software
- Expertise in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills
Role may require long periods of standing, climbing stairs and walking in connection with NFL game and stadium operations
- Travel will be minimal, however, there will be times where the analyst will travel to NFL stadium, facilities, league managed events, advanced security programs and initiatives.
Terms /Expected Hours of Work
- NFL employees are required to work 40 hours per week
- Flexible schedule requiring working weekends and holidays.
- FLSA Exempt
- The NFL maintains a Flexible Workplace Policy that provides members of our workforce with opportunities to periodically work from a location of their choice, while maintaining a priority on in-person work at an NFL office, which enables us to more effectively collaborate, connect and build a workplace culture that will drive our continued success.
- We also continue to prioritize the health and safety of our NFL workforce. Consistent with that commitment, considering the substantial and growing body of evidence that vaccinations remain the most effective protection against the spread the COVID-19, we require that members of our NFL workforce be fully vaccinated. Exceptions are available only for those who need an accommodation for a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
- The NFL is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that reflects our incredibly diverse fan base. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants without regard to status as protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.