Lead Cyber Threat Intel Analyst
Zeneth Technology Partners is a top-rated cyber security firm. We are passionate about providing excellent service to our clients both government and commercial. Our collaborative environment encourages creativity, growth, and community, which allows you to have the opportunity to initiate and contribute to challenging projects, while continuing to grow in your professional career. Bring us your creativity, innovation, and your relentless focus on customer service and join a cyber security team at its best!
Candidate is applying for a Lead Cyber Threat Intel (CTI) Analyst position that supports our client in Washington D.C. They will work with key vendors, open-source communities, forums, and internal functional groups/business units to:
- Lead the CTI functional area by working with the customer to set the strategic and programmatic direction of the CTI functional area and implementing changes to increase the impact and effectiveness of threat intelligence provided to Cybersecurity Operations.
- Lead the CTI analyst on the team in the development of regular threat intelligence briefs based on general threat actor concerns across the company, business units, and those specific to our client and deliver briefs to senior executives.
- Advise the client on the strategic use of threat intelligence to not only inform operations, but also to inform key leadership, cyber security operations and the enterprise risk board.
- Conduct Cyber Open Source Intelligence (C-OSINT) and Social Media Intelligence (SMI/SOCMINT) exploitation, link, and network analysis investigations for high intel threat clients.
- Develop insights into trends and help to identify the most relevant threats to the customer’s organization based on analysis of collected intelligence.
- Parse and fuse information to provide stakeholders with relevant knowledge of indicators and behaviors to monitors.
- Work with the team to track campaigns actively or historically targeting our client.
- Contribute data to actionable intelligence sharing reports as needed.
- Develop information sharing relationship and agreements with other agencies and sources of threat intelligence.
Responsibilities and Duties
Candidate will perform at least the following tasks:
- Lead with the development of a client-approved threat intelligence program and in coordination with associated departments in incident response and network engineering
- Development of standardized processes and reporting to ensure actionable and timely threat intelligence.
- Develop and share actionable threat intelligence with industry peers and authorized external stakeholders.
- Maintain a situational awareness of the current security industry and keep referential notes on the emerging threat landscape.
- Develop and locate appropriate tools and automation that support the collection, processing and analysis of our threat intelligence processes.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience)
- 5+ years of technical delivery, service delivery, client management, and/or managed services experience
- 5+ years as an intelligence analyst and/or providing threat intelligence, preferably in a relation to information technology or cybersecurity.
- Experience managing and/or leading intelligence analysts.
- 3+ years conducting intelligence gathering using Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) techniques.
- Must be able to achieve a top-secret clearance.
- Must be willing to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Familiar with critical tools used in incident response, computer forensics, malware analysis, network or host-based intrusion detection, proactive services, remediation, vulnerability assessments, etc.
- Knowledge of enterprise detection technologies and processes including Advanced Threat Detection tools, IDS/IPS, Network Packet Analysis, and Endpoint Protection.
- Fundamental understanding in network and security protocols and operating systems (Windows, Unix, Linux).
- Understanding of current information security challenges and solutions.
- Have experience in collecting, analyzing, and escalating security events, responding to computer security incidents, and/or collecting, analyzing, and disseminating cyber threat intelligence.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to act in a professional and confident manner while interacting extensively with all levels of management, business, and IT.
- Strong familiarity with social media sites and mediums.
- Self-motivator possessing a high sense of urgency and a high level of integrity.
- Strong customer service skills to deliver quality results in a demanding environment.
- Able to work well under pressure and within short time constraints.
- Attention to detail, strong documentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and organize competing work demands with little oversight.
- Ability to successfully interface and establish rapport with clients (internal and external).
- Willingness to travel up to 10%.
- Cybersecurity Industry-related certifications a plus.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity concepts.
- Knowledge of advanced persistent threats.
Zeneth Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.