IT Research Analyst (Open Source Intelligence)
- Revere, Massachusetts, United States
- Full time
Add to favorites Favorited View favorites
CENTRA Technology, Inc. (CENTRA) – An Amentum company – provides analytic, consulting, and staffing support to Government agencies supporting law enforcement and national security missions at the Federal, State, Local, Tribal, and territorial level, including the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Defense, and similar Government clients. The Homeland Group provides a range of homeland security and law enforcement intelligence support, risk analysis and modeling, and program management services to federal, state, and local agencies. We pride ourselves in developing creative, customized, and flexible approaches that meet our clients’ evolving and dynamic needs.
The Homeland Group is looking for a Junior or Mid-level Open Source analyst to support the Boston Regional Intelligence Center (BRIC). Work entails supporting law enforcement investigations and a broad range of analytic priorities focused on matters pertaining to terrorism, violent extremism, and threats to life and property. This position demands substantial attention to detail; exceptional analytical skills; strong writing, briefing and communication skills; proactive work ethic; knowledge of data analysis tools; strong information coordination skills; the capability to collaborate in a team environment, and strong competency navigating the Internet, to include open source/social media content providers and platforms. This position will operate under strict legal guidelines to ensure the protection of privacy, civil rights, and civil liberties of the public and all other constitutional protections.
Responsibilities include analyzing Internet-based information sources and the contents of open source platforms to identify threats to public safety and emerging risks to the Metro Boston region and supporting law enforcement investigations. Developing real-time, open source intelligence from publicly available information sources by conducting analyses of threatening materials and/or behaviors, or information indicative to risks to public safety, which deliver actionable insights and contribute to the operational needs of the BRIC. Maintain a keen understanding of cyber-based criminal modus operandi, internet technologies, and social networking environments. Adhering to a persistent analysis schedule; liaising with various units within in the Boston Police Department (BPD), as well as other local, state and federal law enforcement agencies; applying various analytical techniques to interpret findings; learning informal communication methods, slang, or intentionally cryptic languages; adapting work efforts to a diverse array of priority information needs; working independently; and remaining focused under pressure within a fast-paced environment.
Must stay current with the latest analytic and investigative tradecraft, methodologies, technologies, and programs relating to real-time, open source analysis. Must be able to conduct open source collection in an organized, systematic way that respects ethical and policy guidelines. Responsible for supporting the BRIC's use of cyber analysis tools, developing programming and analytical techniques to enhance open source research and analysis, and revealing and addressing deficiencies in open source capabilities.
Required/Preferred Skills & Knowledge
- **Candidates are required to pass a background check, to include a drug test, with the BPD as a condition of employment and must be able to obtain and maintain a national security clearance at the Top Secret level.
- Minimum Education: High School/GED Minimum/General Experience: Nine (9) years' experience with a High School Diploma, Four (4) years with a Bachelor's Degree, or Two (2) years with a Master's Degree.
- Strong open source intelligence collection experience for both real-time event-focused and long-term issue focused intelligence requirements, required.
- Analytic experience within a local, state, or federal law enforcement agency and/or state/major urban area fusion center.
- Subject matter expertise in matters pertaining to behavioral threat assessment, various international and domestic terrorism ideologies, and violent extremism.
- Strong understanding of privacy, civil rights, and civil liberties issues as they pertain to the intelligence cycle within local law enforcement and an intelligence fusion center environment, required.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and maintain focus under pressure.
- Experience writing intelligence assessments for intelligence community or law enforcement consumers in support of criminal investigations.
- Understanding of the Nationwide Suspicious Activity Reporting Initiative, preferred.
- Multilingual skills – especially, multilingual reading and writing proficiency, preferred.
- Basic familiarity with collecting publicly available information including commercial databases, social media platforms, third party data aggregation sites, online web-based OSINT tools, cached and archived online content, search engines, metadata, etc.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
To apply please follow