We’re looking for intelligence professionals to transform open-source information gathered on social media and global news sources into actionable intelligence. These professionals understand the dynamic social media landscape and have experience with the methods and techniques that can assist multi-platform searching, monitoring, and analysis.
Starting Salary: $33 hourly
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Monitor and analyze domestic and global near-real-time threats and incidents; disseminate error free reports.
- Conduct open source searches utilizing social media research, public record searches, and third-party databases to build leads.
- Deliver analytical assessments in clear, succinct, and appropriately caveated products that project credibility, convey recommendations, and reinforce key messages.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders within and outside the department to develop assessments that integrate disparate and seemingly innocuous data/information.
- Support senior management updates, including but not limited to tactical, operational, and strategic threats of concern, and briefing key assessments.
- Conduct comprehensive research on complex topics either independently or as part of a larger analytical effort.
- Identify intelligence gaps and prepare detailed specifications for collection.
- Guide and sharpen the analytic line in assessments, where possible and feasible.
The successful candidate will represent the following key attributes:
- Minimum of 1-3 years of OSINT experience (corporate experience is preferred)
- Experience with software (such as Dataminr, GIS Mapping Software, Tweetdeck, etc.) to generate reports as required
- Familiarity with producing interactive data visualization using Tableau (preferred but not required)
- Excellent relationship building, including the ability to build ties with internal and external stakeholders in a complex environment
- Ability to work with colleagues across multiple time-zones
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field and/or formal government/military/law enforcement intelligence training
- Clarity of thought and analytical flare
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to adapt in a dynamic and fast-paced environment