BAE Systems - Intelligence Analyst (FMV)
BAE Systems is the industry leader in Full Motion Video (FMV) exploitation, and has immediate openings for those ready to begin an exciting and dynamic intelligence career while supporting critical global counterterrorism operations. By joining the BAE Systems Team, you’ll learn FMV tradecraft through a unique three week formal training course, followed by a robust on-the-job training program which provides candidates, who are new to motion GEOINT, specialized instruction in FMV tradecraft, exploitation tools, and theater specific cultural familiarization. BAE Systems analysts have rapid advancement potential and cross training opportunities into Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR)/ Ground Moving Target Indicator (GMTI), FMV training, and FMV Advanced Research positions. BAE Systems employees enjoy generous paid-time-off, education benefits and access to career advancement pathways day-1 as a member of our team.
Candidates will be able to:
- Work a rotating shift schedule (typically 7am to 7pm or 7pm to 7am and is subject to change at any time by the customer), alternating days and nights each month which will include weekends and holidays.
- Input data accurately, timely exploit FMV collected by sensors on ISR platforms, apply HUMINT and SIGINT information to FMV imagery analysis, and use an electronic light table to exploit NTM imagery in softcopy.
- Produce imagery-derived graphic products and reports and publish for distribution.
- Compile intelligence materials for use in briefings to high-level government personnel.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Understanding the basic intelligence cycle/process
- During high-tempo operations, can relay and articulate information
- Can solve routine tasks of limited scope and complexity following standards of procedure
- Basic working knowledge of the following software: MS Office including MS Word, MS Excel, and Power Point
- Good analytical writing skills
- Must be capable of typing 32 WPM without looking at the keyboard.
- Candidates must possess the ability to accurately discern red, green, blue, and yellow colors on a screen
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Background in Counter-Terrorism analysis
- Basic understanding of National level imagery product standards
- Experience exploiting Full-Motion Video and has a basic understanding of sensor capabilities
- Experience exploiting national imagery with a basic understanding of imagery analysis
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.