- Practitioners of National Security are vital to the defense of our nation. Vectrus takes pride in providing experts who bring specialized skills, techniques, and experience to help solve the toughest issues facing the Intelligence Community. Our skilled workforce supports all phases of the Tasking, Collection, Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination (TCPED) cycle. Due to the growth of our Intelligence Division, we are continually on the lookout for Intelligence Community experts to help solve our customer’s needs. We have an immediate opportunity for a Mandarin Language Analyst to join our intelligence team at Suitland, MD. This position will be based at our customer site in Suitland, MD.
- As a Mandarin Language Analyst, you will be part of a team of professionals working on matters in support of U.S. Navy and U.S. Pacific Command requirements; these matters are of immense importance to the security of the United States. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Perform research by applying Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) tradecraft and using managed attribution (MA) systems/tools
- Perform collection of identified target accounts using specialized collection tools
- Perform translations of collected material
- Perform triage of information and initial analysis to support Military Forces Analysts and Network/Targeting Analysts assigned to the team
- Support the development of new collection capabilities and analytical projects
- Attend and facilitate meetings (including classified), prepare agendas, track action items, and distribute minutes.
- High School diploma required, AA or BA/BS Degree preferred.
- Security Clearance
- This position will require U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Top Secret security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartment Information (TS/SCI). Due to the nature of this work, we are unable to consider applicants who do not hold this level of clearance.
- Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in the intelligence field with the military or Intelligence Community agency
- Minimum Language Proficiency of 2/2 DLPT (or ILR equivalent) in Mandarin certified within the last 3 years is required
- Minimum Language Proficiency of 3/3 DLPT using the ILR scale in English certified within the last 3 years is required
- Demonstrated proficiency in effective communications (writing, speaking, briefing)
- Highly Desirable Qualification (NOT REQUIRED):
- Language Proficiency of 3/3 DLPT (or ILR equivalent) in Mandarin
- Knowledge or experience in performing intelligence analysis
- Experience from position that provided expertise in naval terminology
To apply please follow