Firebird AST is looking for a Senior Intelligence Analyst to provide support to a U.S. Government customer in Reston, VA. The analyst will provide all-source analysis to enable Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD), counter proliferation, building partner capacity, and nuclear surety and response. The analyst will conduct innovative research and analysis through expert use of traditional and non-traditional data, tools, and techniques to better understand threat value chains and associated personalities, nodes, relationships, and activities comprising and characterizing WMD threat technologies, threat actors, and associated threat networks. Successful candidates will have clear expertise in advanced multi-source intelligence fusion analysis and a demonstrable spirit of forward-leaning results-oriented innovation.
- Identify and conduct detailed deconstruction of personalities, entities, producers, distributors, retailers, regulators, and enablers that comprise global WMD material facilitation networks.
- Detect, map, and analyze the corporate entities, regulatory bodies, trans-shipment points, enabler networks, and personnel, material, and financial flows that comprise WMD component value chains.
- Provide U.S. Government decision makers with analysis that identifies kinetic and non-kinetic measures U.S. Government authorities can take to mitigate, frustrate, or thwart threat network operations, directly or indirectly, based on available information and analysis.
- Provide client leadership with decision advantage to inform, guide, and refine strategic investments in CWMD programs.
- Identify and analyze problems, and generate recommended solutions based upon experience working with elements of the U.S. DoD, the U.S. interagency, and international partners.
- Provide indications and warnings of WMD threats.
- Produce highly polished, thoroughly researched, and uniquely insightful analytical assessments.
- Integrate existing national-level reports/analyses and databases to provide an enhanced level of information support.
- Conduct collaborative multi-layered research and analysis to define and assess patterns of competitor network activities in support of U.S. Government CWMD operations.
- Employ advanced tools for information collection and analysis to enhance the ability of deployed U.S. Government forces to eliminate or disrupt competitor networks that threaten U.S. interests and employ WMD technologies.
- Support the Government’s research and development of tactical, operational, and strategic initiatives that codify successful approaches to interdicting the value chain to frustrate and neutralize WMD devices and operations, including component trans-shipment.
- Maintain a global knowledge base of current and future WMD threats to offer informed context to new intelligence reporting and technological developments, and to provide solutions to counter assessed vulnerabilities.
- Integrate data originating from a wide variety of incongruous sources in disparate and incompatible formats, including conversion of defined and digestible data sets to common ontologies.
- Provide specialized expertise in military operations for interaction directly between the client and DoD Commanders. Support the client by fusing operational information and analysis available to provide an operational perspective throughout the operational planning cycle.
- More than three years of experience conducting network analysis in support of attack the network or CBRN/WMD operations to include counter-facilitation.
- Successful candidates will possess significant experience and demonstrable skill conducting most or all of the following:
- Developmental network analysis
- Complex multi-source intelligence fusion analysis
- Non-traditional data set integration,
- Geospatial pattern of life analysis
- Advanced employment of intelligence discovery, databasing, analysis, collaboration, and production tools.
- Candidates should have considerable and demonstrable skills in clearly explaining analytical workflows and the datasets, tools, and techniques used to achieve each step of the process for each workflow.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to quickly understand, synthesize, and provide meaningful insights into complex technological and scientific subject matter.
- Strong data organization skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Equally comfortable briefing senior leaders and conducting informal but productive detailed subject matter expertise exchanges with other analysts.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team within dynamic environment supporting a complex, multi-faceted, and geographically dispersed customer.
- Flexible and have the ability to operate within diverse environments with varying organizational cultures.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt gracefully to changing situations that involve elevated levels of uncertainty or ambiguity in high stakes situations.
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity, problem solving, attention to detail, and demonstrable ability to consistently produce original, insightful, and relevant intelligence analysis, skillfully tailored to audience information and delivery requirements.
- Superior oral and written communication skills and demonstrable experience accurately communicating nuanced and complex concepts to a wide range of audiences.
- Expert understanding of the WMD activity continuum covering the spectrum of WMD activities from intent to use.
- More than one year supporting Joint Intelligence Preparation of the Operational Environment (JIPOE) analyzing environments that contain WMD as a system of pathways, networks, relevant actors, resources, and extant and potential capabilities.
- More than one year of deployed Intelligence analysis experience within the Combatant Command AORs.
- More than ten years of military experience, and/or a combination of military and IC Agency experience, including recent combat deployments, and be well-versed in all areas of military intelligence.
- Experience in analysis of issues related to Russia, China, DPRK, or Iran.
- Formal education in sciences such as chemistry, biology, or physics.
- Training, experience, or technical expertise related to chemical, biological or radiological threat technologies.
- Training and/or practical experience in HUMINT, SIGINT, GEOINT, and OSINT collection and/or analysis operations. Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrable expertise in effectively fusing multiple intelligence data types to develop new investigative leads, provide leaders with decision advantage, and highlight new operational opportunities.
- Demonstrable understanding of interagency missions, capabilities, organizational structures, relationships, and requirements.
- A background in support to effects-based targeting operations with experience in counter-facilitation, counter-threat finance, and/or F3EAD.
- Experience and demonstrable skill in working in compliance with ICD 203 and ICD 206. Preference will be given to candidates with CDASA certification.
- Data science and methodological innovation experience in areas such as computer language process automation, large data analysis, innovative discovery analysis methodologies, rapid prototype development, API calls, data frame manipulation, statistical analysis, or machine learning.
- Computer language programming experience in Python and JupyterHub. Comfortability learning new coding languages and working in new development environments.
- Experience in structured thinking, assumptions checks, information source evaluation, analysis of alternatives, and identifying and mitigating critical thinking biases.
- Bachelor's degree and more than three years of experience, or an associate's degree and five years of experience, or seven years of relevant work experience.
- Active/current DoD Top Secret/SCI
- Analytical support may be required in deployed environments. Some short-duration travel may be required.
About Firebird AST:
Firebird AST is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) based in Northern Virginia and a market-recognized leader within the IC, Department of Defense, Homeland Security, and Law Enforcement. We maintain a corporate culture deeply rooted in the US Military core values that gave us our start - honor, integrity, commitment, and selfless service. For this reason, our customers' needs and missions always comes first. We seek hard working, highly experienced, extremely motivated, professionally proven subject matter experts, trainers, leaders, innovators, and technical experts to serve on our team. Firebird AST has a firm understanding that our employees are our greatest asset and that, accordingly, they are to be provided the greatest level of respect and care possible.
Firebird AST is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply please follow