Overview: Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit www.guidehouse.com.
Responsibilities: Guidehouse Cybersecurity consultants help our clients solve complex technology and business issues from strategy through execution. A successful cybersecurity consultant at Guidehouse displays the following traits: flexibility, curiosity, ability to learn quickly, ability to think critically, strong communication skills (written & verbal) and have a grasp of a variety of technical concepts. A Guidehouse consulting career will provide the opportunity to gain experience on many different projects and technologies, as well as engage with a wide range of clients. Successful candidates will be able to contribute as thought leaders on white papers and articles, and by doing so will not only be contributing to shaping the firm, but also strengthening their personal brand and subject matter expertise.
- 1-3 years’ experience in cybersecurity
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in the field
- Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Relevant education and training to enable ability to learn quickly to apply cybersecurity knowledge and analytical capabilities to evaluate and report on cybersecruity threats and threat actors
- Participate as a team member performing intelligence analysis processes including open-source Intelligence (OSINT) and closed source intelligence gathering
- Perform source verification, data fusion, link analysis, and threat actor knowledge
- Process indicator of compromise-based incident reports, to include data enrichment sources, to create threat products
- Supports intelligence analysis requirements for all-source cyber analysis and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to apply fundamental cybersecurity principles and concepts to tasks and projects
- Experience with cybersecurity risk management, research and development, and leading practices
- Skilled at effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Understand functions that support policies and operations and have experience working with Federal, State, and local stakeholders
- One or more of the following certifications:
- SANS 578 Threat Intel certification
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst Course
- McAfee Certified Cyber Intelligence Professional
- Professional Demonstrated capabilities of:
- Quickly learning new technologies and cybersecurity concepts and apply this knowledge
- Strong working knowledge of the MITRE ATT@CK framework
- Hunger to continue development and expansion of skills and knowledge related to cybersecurity and threat intelligence operations
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- Compensation may vary based on education, skills, experience and location. Selected candidate must be local and able to work from one of the following offices: Tysons, VA (HQ); Washington DC as needed. Client meetings may be required in-person.
- This is an exempt level role that may require more than 40 hours of work per week.
- Selected Candidate must be able to work Eastern Standard Hours.