Date: Oct 4, 2023
Location: Reston, VA, District of Columbia, United States
Company: HII's Mission Technologies division
Requisition Number: 16450
Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Level of Experience: Mid HI
This opportunity resides with Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C5ISR), a business group within HII’s Mission Technologies division. From towers to processors, we design, develop, integrate and manage the sensors, systems and other assets necessary to support integrated intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) operations, exploitation and analysis for the Intelligence Community, the military services, geographic and functional combatant commands and DoD agencies.
Meet HII’s Mission Technologies Division
Our team of more than 7,000 professionals worldwide delivers all-domain expertise and advanced technologies in service of mission partners across the globe. Mission Technologies is leading the next evolution of national defense – the data evolution - by accelerating a breadth of national security solutions for government and commercial customers. Our capabilities range from C5ISR, AI and Big Data, cyber operations and synthetic training environments to fleet sustainment, environmental remediation and the largest family of unmanned underwater vehicles in every class. Find the role that’s right for you. Apply today. We look forward to meeting you.
Who We Are
As an Open-Source Research Analyst (China Specialist) with Mission Technologies, you will provide subject matter advice to senior Government and military commanders in support of the DTRA Enterprise and the DTRA OI-IN mission to conduct and sustain Open-source Intelligence OSINT analytic support keyed to DTRA and Warfighter operational requirements and timelines. You will serve as a China OSINT advisor for DTRA OI-IN, assisting in the OSINT production and standards that support the Government’s Request for Support (RFS) and Named Area of Interest (NAI) processes. You will provide open-source analysis, advice, assistance, and support to overseas personnel, domestic offices, and external consumers. Products include researching, compiling, correlating, and interpreting data pertinent to assessments of WMD, countries or organizations facilitating WMD/CBRNE/CEM, and emerging threats. You will utilize numerous datasets, specialized tools, and advanced assessment and analytic techniques to identify and analyze individuals and groups. You will prepare and present written and oral briefings to internal customers, external customers, leadership and defense, and intelligence partners on significant and complex counter-proliferation (CP) and counter-WMD (CWMD) issues.
What You Will Do
The Analyst will perform in-depth all-source research and analysis and prepare written assessments for policy, intelligence, law enforcement, and DoD partners. The Analyst will use a variety of analytical principles, concepts, and methodologies to produce OSINT and all-source intelligence products and target development packages. The Analyst will support strategic analyses to guide national policies on counter-WMD and counter-proliferation and encourage collaboration within the CWMD and CP communities by identifying intelligence gaps and connections. The Analyst will write and produce products such as reports ranging from 2-8 pages depending on the subjects and timelines determined by the customer and PowerPoint slides and presentations of various lengths. The Analyst will use a full range of methodological approaches and analytical tools to evaluate issues important to the customer and resolve key intelligence questions at the strategic level.
What We Are Looking For
- 5 years relevant experience with a Bachelor's in a related field; 3 years relevant experience with a Master's in a related; 0 years experience with a Ph.D. or a Juris Doctorate in a related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 9 years relevant experience.
- Current Top Secret/Specialized Compartmented Information Security Clearance.
- Knowledgeable in the use of managed attributed systems.
- Knowledge of Internet-based research, including Boolean logic, search engine and database resources, and Internet sources, such as social media, social networking tools, data exploitation, and commercial and industry-based databases.
- Knowledge of the production of intelligence assessments in accordance with Intelligence Community Directives (ICD) requirements.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Willing to work rotating shifts if needed - that may include nights and weekends.
Preferred: Bonus Points For...
- Test scores through the Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) V are favored over all other testing formats (e.g., ALTA Language Test).
- For tests adhering to the DLPT V format, a minimum score of 3 for each test. A minimum test score of 3 for all other testing formats is acceptable; however, a 4 for each test is highly desirable.
- More than five years of experience conducting OSINT analysis in support of CWMD operations - including counter-proliferation.
- More than five years of experience providing C-threat network intelligence support and/or asymmetric threat analysis.
- More than 15 years of military experience, and/or a combination of military and IC Agency experience, including recent operational support and/or combat deployments, and be well-versed in all areas of military intelligence.
- Expert understanding of OSINT analysis tools such as Berber Hunter Tool Kit, Babel Street, etc.
- Expert understanding of analysis tools such as Analyst Notebook and Palantir.
- Expert understanding of Intel-related databases and tools such as M3, TAC, NCTC Online, TIDE, ICReach SIGINT database, Cultweave SIGINT database, PROTON SIGINT Database.
- Expert understanding and knowledge of DoD and IC OSINT policies and procedures.
- Expert understanding and familiarity with current DoD and IC OSINT Tools and techniques.
- Practical understanding of geospatial Intel tools such as ArcGIS and Google Earth.
May require working in an office, industrial, shipboard, or laboratory environment. Capable of climbing ladders and tolerating confined spaces and extreme temperature variances.
We build the world’s most powerful, survivable naval ships and defense technology solutions that safeguard our seas, sky, land, space and cyber. Our diverse workforce includes skilled tradespeople; artificial intelligence, machine learning (AI/ML) experts; engineers; technologists; scientists; logistics experts; and business administration professionals.
Recognized as one of America’s top large company employers, we are a values and ethics driven organization that puts people’s safety and well-being first. Regardless of your role or where you serve, at HII, you’ll find a supportive and welcoming environment, competitive benefits, and valuable educational and training programs for continual career growth at every stage of your career.
Together we are working to ensure a future where everyone can be free and thrive.
Today’s challenges are bigger than ever, and the nation needs the best of us. It’s why we’re focused on hiring, developing and nurturing our diversity. We believe that diversity among our workforce strengthens the organization, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas and enriches the work lives of all our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Additionally, you may also call 1-844-849-8463 for assistance. Press #3 for HII Technical Solutions.
To apply please follow