We look forward to working with you at INflow Federal!
INflow Federal is hiring an Application Security Engineer to join our DoD effort in Fairmont, WV!
- The Application Security Engineer (ASE) ensures the security of our applications. This role will focus on the evaluation of vulnerabilities and their impacts within our applications and validate if they are exploitable. The ASE will make use of the Threat Research Environment along with OSINT to determine methods for detecting exploitation. In addition, this role will:
- Generate intelligence on actively exploited CVE
- Develop rules for detecting exploitation of CVE
- Enhance the protection of NOAA applications through collaboration with constituents, analysts, and engineers to address security risks throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Recommend methodologies to ensure compliance with organizational policies and industry standard best practices
- Identifying opportunities to harden security components for these applications
- Provide technical guidance on security controls
- Provide code analysis support to remediate vulnerabilities in custom applications
- Perform hands-on security testing to proactively discover risks
- Familiarity with information security publications (e.g., NIST 800-53)
- Familiarity or experience in Cyber Kill Chain methodology
- Inquisitive, problem-solving oriented
- Solid understanding of cyber landscape and typical threat vectors
- Possess a wide range of knowledge of information security tools and techniques
- Ability to analyze firewall logs, Full Packet Capture (PCAP), IDS alerts, Anti-malware alerts, Host Intrusion Prevent System (HIPS), and server and application logs
- Conduct reviews and analysis of proxy logs, Microsoft Windows and Active Directory logs, Orchestrator logs, and malicious code and other attack artifacts
- Able to effectively manage evolving and competing objectives
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Detail and process oriented
- Upbeat and positive attitude
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vector, and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
Education & Cert requirements
- Requires BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience in order to operate within the scope contemplated by the level; experience in lieu of degree may be acceptable.
- Hands-on cybersecurity experience
- Prior experience performing as a SOC analyst
- Prior experience performing similar application security functions
- Working knowledge of SIEM solutions and incident management solutions
- Technical understanding of core cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- CEH, GCIH, or relevant IT technology certification
- Must be US Citizen
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret/SCIAbout UsINflow Federal was founded in 2013. The “INflow difference” begins with a simple belief encompassing the importance of employee culture. We are obsessed with our people and have demonstrated year-over-year that our employee-focused approach leads to customer success. As a leading small business innovator, we offer proven expertise in Network Modernization, Cybersecurity, Digital Modernization and Joint Force Mission Operations. We serve our federal government customers in over 20 states domestically to include the United States Navy (USN), United States Marine Corps (USMC), National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) and Joint Forces.
- Simplifying the customer experience requires everyone within our organization to work together. Our leadership communicates transparently with our team on a regular basis with a commitment to do the right thing for all those we serve. Our customers recognize doing business with INflow means working with people who consistently deliver with agility, passion and integrity.
US Military Veterans have continuously paved the path ahead for our customers. We developed a homegrown “Veteran Outreach Program” focused around attracting and hiring transitioning military personnel and has resulted in veterans representing over 50% of our company. This is our secret sauce. It is how we continue to adapt, evolve, grow and accompany our customers into the future of mission systems and operations.
- INflow Federal is a defense contractor. Due to legal requirements, candidates must be US Citizens to be considered for employment.
- Some travel may be required: Must have valid driver’s license and transportation. This is subject to change at the direction of the customer.Other:
- Candidate must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.Must have willingness to perform duties not listed in the job description as required by INflow and our customer.