Full Job Description
This position within the Global Intelligence team's Open Source Collections Cell (OSCC) is responsible for conducting OSINT analysis by searching for and analyzing information using open source, third party, and vendor platforms to evaluate threats that may impact the firm's people, assets, events, and reputation; their likelihood; and their potential tactical and operational impact and strategic implications. Analyst will report on all Global Security stakeholder cases - Global Intelligence, Investigations, Physical Security, Global Security Operations Centers, Workplace Violence, and others by request.
The ideal candidate must have a high degree of analytic ability, resourcefulness and drive, critical thinking skills, and exposure to tactical and operational security. S/he/they must have the ability to address complex and multidimensional research challenges with innovative, rigorous, and inter-disciplinary analytical methods to produce proactive and reliable assessments. S/he/they must be technically savvy, able to deal with and work through ambiguity, exhibit flexibility needed to shift workload in accordance with changing priorities, be comfortable leading in a sometimes stressful and fast-paced, priority-driven environment, and be prepared to brief senior departmental leadership. S/he/they must be a highly motivated self-starter who can operate within a global team.
- Conduct OSINT research and background investigations; utilizing social media, public records, and third-party databases to build leads and provide investigative support.
- Support senior management updates, including but not limited to tactical, operational, and strategic threats of concern, and briefing key assessments.
- Deliver analytical assessments in clear, succinct, and appropriately caveated products that project credibility, convey recommendations, and reinforce key messages.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders within and without the department and firm to develop assessment that integrate disparate and seemingly innocuous data/information.
- Manage vendor engagements, track technological advances in the field, and track/implement OPSEC best practices
- 5+ years relevant work experience in performing OSINT research, intelligence analysis, or investigative work.
- Experience monitoring social media for domestic/global real-time all-hazard threats and incidents; analyzing potential threats and risks and disseminating error free reports with limited supervisory review/edits.
- Experience escalating issues in a time-sensitive manner to the appropriate parties.
- Must be able to handle high-level of pressure associated with complex projects and programs in a demanding customer environment.
- Must be confident and experienced in handling executive communication (written and verbal) with senior-level management.
- Experience with vendor/technology management.
- Independent thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Ability to create effective presentations using PowerPoint.
- Undergraduate degree in Political Science, Psychology, International Affairs, Cyber Security, or related discipline preferred.
- Experience in law enforcement, military, or the public sector Intelligence Community a plus.