Leidos - Cyber Security Analyst
he Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for a Cyber Security Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO.
This position provides Tier II Cyber Security Analysis to C5ISR Center Sustaining Base Network Assurance Branch (SBNAB) Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) Security Operations Center (SOC). Beyond advising and guiding technical matters, this position is tasked with driving implementation and adoption of new tools, research, capabilities, frameworks, and methodologies while ensuring those already in use are implemented, utilized properly, and improved.
- Identify and offer solutions to gaps in capabilities and visibility
- Promote and drive research and implementation of automation and process efficiencies
- Intermediate command line experience that includes chaining Linux utilities such as tcpdump, sed, awk, and grep together
- Intermediate IDS (Snort, Bro/Zeek, etc.) creation and tuning, to include performing impact analysis on customer environments and review and correction of Tier I rules
- Analysis of alert traffic plus surrounding traffic to provide context to inform analysis
- Ability to consume open and closed source and search indicators in customer data, then generate new IDS configurations for future detection
- Basic hunt experience that includes sifting non-alert-based traffic and deriving meaningful results in the absence of corresponding OSINT
- Basic vulnerability awareness and able to determine applicability to customer environments, using data to establish attack attempts and success/failure
- Maintaining current threat awareness
- Ability to analyze complex (multipacket, multi-vector, multi-exploit, large volume) traffic and derive meaningful conclusions
- Self-directed research, development, customization, or other contributions to process improvement
- Continual enrichment of IDS and moderate ability to tune on the fly
- Ability to self-educate with non-comprehensive or incomplete documentation on new concepts, protocols, and data formats.
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of prior IT experience, or Associate degree with 6+ years of experience. Additional certifications and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a SOC environment
- Hands-on cybersecurity network defense experience (Detect and Respond) within a Computer Incident Response organization. Hands-on experience with a Security Information and Event Management tool (ArcSight, Security Onion, etc.)
- Fluent in computer network Packet Capture (PCAP) analysis
- DoD 8570 IAT-II and CSSP-Analyst certifications required prior to starting
- Advanced knowledge of solution development techniques and best practices related to demonstration, pilot, and test management and operations.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of industry accepted standards.
- Demonstrated experience with researching and fielding new and innovative technology.
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic finding.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Candidate must possess an active TS/SCI with SAP Eligibility
- Deep technical understanding of core current cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.