Responsibilities: Sentinel Technologies is seeking an Incident Response Forensics Analyst with a strong understanding around all aspects of cybersecurity forensics. They must be capable of identifying the tools, tactics, and other indicators of compromise related to a security event often requiring the ability to think like a threat actor. The successful candidate will have a functional understanding of threat methodologies and how to conduct forensics investigations around them. They will be responsible for performing active and historical forensics, log analysis, and OSINT investigations in support of incident response investigations. They will be required to develop tools, scripts, and processes in support of, and to further the operational practices around cybersecurity forensics . This is a full time opportunity reporting to our Tempe, AZ office but can work remote from any location.
- Dynamic troubleshooting capabilities and the ability to not only think outside the box, but to also build the box while inside it
- Experience in incident response or security operations with an emphasis on forensics investigations experience employing best practices and forensically sound principals such as evidence handling and chain of custody tracking
- Experience with at last three of the following technologies/capabilities:
- Expert-Level knowledge of common attack vectors and penetration techniques
- Windows/Linux Disk and Memory Forensics Data Gathering & Analysis
- Network Traffic and Log Analysis, both in raw form and/or utilizing aggregation tools
- Endpoint Detection & Response Systems (Cylance, AMP For Endpoints)
- PowerShell and/or Python Scripting
- Familiarity with Elastic Stack and Timesketch is a plus
- Really strong time management skills and high context switch capacity
- Excellent communication with an ability to remain calm, and calm others under pressure
- Strong documentation and technical writing proficiency to include establishing timelines and patterns of activity based on various data sources
- Able to work divergent shifts for incident response handling
- The candidate must have a car, as this position requires travel between location and the transportation of equipment
- A valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance will be required
- Legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Must demonstrate a “can-do” attitude
We focus on candidates that display our “ACE” factor – Attitude, Compassion, and Enthusiasm to deliver quality solutions with exceptional customer service.
What you get:
We offer an energetic work environment with many corporate culture amenities, competitive salary, and rich benefit plan including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, 529, Life Insurance, Income Protection Short and Long-Term Disability, Medical and Child/Elder Care, Flexible Spending Account Plans, Employee Assistance Program, Two weeks’ vacation, additional paid time-off for Personal and Sick, certification and hands-on training, and discounts for local event entertainment and health clubs.
MOTIVATED…..make IT happen!
About Us: Sentinel delivers solutions that can efficiently address a range of IT needs – from security, to communications, to systems & networks, to software applications, to cloud and managed services; all of which include our staffing solutions for our clients. Since 1982, Sentinel has grown from providing technology maintenance services to our current standing as one of the leading IT services and solutions provider in the US. We have aligned with many of today’s global technology leaders including Cisco, Dell, VMware and Microsoft. Sentinel services customers both nationally and internationally with primary support operating centers in Downers Grove (HQ), Chicago, and Springfield, IL; Phoenix, AZ.; Detroit, Lansing, and Grand Rapids, MI; Milwaukee, WI; and Denver, CO.
If you are MOTIVATED… you can make IT happen at Sentinel. Our commitment to our employees is to create a work environment that encourages creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit, fosters growth through certification and hands-on training, and values a team-oriented culture with rewards based on impact!
If you share our passion about what technology can do and want to be part of a top workplace environment – we’d like to have you join our team. Learn more at www.sentinel.com/careers.
As part of Sentinel's employment process, candidates will be required to complete a background check. Only those who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Sentinel is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetics, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact SentinelHR1@sentinel.com.