UpGuard - Security Intelligence Analyst (Remote)
Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risk. With UpGuard, organizations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what were once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–whether it's monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest growing and most innovative companies.
Why are we hiring this role?
UpGuard provides a Data Leaks service to our customers and with our current growth, are looking for someone to come on board and own the data leaks program for enterprise customers. You will be responsible for using our proprietary leak detection engine to detect and investigate customers' potential leaks of credentials, personal information, and business secrets.
As part of our team, you'll work with other researchers to improve our leak detection methodologies, and interact with customers to understand their risks and guide leak remediation. You are as comfortable investigating large data collections on a computer as you are explaining the findings to stakeholders.
What will you accomplish?
- Invent the future of cyber security and protect the privacy of millions of people
- Research and evaluate new vectors which may lead to unnecessary data exposure
- Develop and utilize in-house tools to scale research methods across the internet
- Report on potential exposures for customers, prospects and partnered organisations
- Work with customers and prospective customers to determine their required solutions and scope
- Identify, investigate and analyse customers business processes, procedures and work practices to determine risks
- Lend expertise, advice and recommendations to media and governmental organisations on the subject of data exposure and breaches
What do we need from you?
- Generalist technical skills: comfortable with basic system administration and scripting, and able to learn quickly when needed
- A keen sense of curiosity and ability to find unconventional solutions to difficult problems
- Team-first collaborative approach to problem solving
- Genuine interest in cyber security as an evolving body of knowledge
- Ability to design and automate your work and effectiveness
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills to provide case notes/support to customers.
What would give you an edge?
- Don't worry about degrees or certificates– show us something you have done
- Familiarity with methods for reconnaissance using OSINT
- Hands on experience developing and/or administering software
- Awareness of responsible disclosure standards
What's in it for you?
- Rapidly growing user base: Work directly with some of the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative companies
- Interesting problems, at scale: Deeply explore the ever-evolving world of cybersecurity, with a platform processing billions of data points daily
- Learn from industry-leading experts: Our security research has been featured in The New York Times, The New Yorker, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, Bloomberg, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, ZDNet, and The Guardian
- Impact: See the impact of your work on a daily basis, with data and impact available on dashboards you have access to
- Generous compensation: Extremely competitive base salary and equity
- Great perks: Free lunch, flexible work arrangements, and gym reimbursementBefore starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check and reference checks. Also please note that at this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or re-location. Apologies.