Position Type Full Time
Scope of Work
This position is responsible for collecting and analyzing open source information via social media and third-party platforms to evaluate threats that may impact the client’s business operations, physical locations, employees, and reputation.
The ideal candidate must have a high degree of analytic ability, resourcefulness and drive, critical thinking skills, and exposure to tactical and operational security. They must have the ability to address complex and multidimensional research challenges with innovative, rigorous, and inter-disciplinary analytical methods to produce proactive and reliable assessments. They must be technically savvy, able to deal with and work through ambiguity, exhibit flexibility needed to shift workload in accordance with changing priorities, be comfortable leading in a sometimes stressful and fast-paced, priority-driven environment, and be prepared to brief departmental leadership. They must be a highly motivated self-starter who can operate independently, as well as within a global team. The ideal candidate will work in a 24/7 operation and requires analysts to rotate between night and day shifts on a quarterly basis.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Monitor and analyze domestic and global near-real-time threats and incidents; disseminate error free reports.
- Conduct open source searches utilizing social media research, public record searches, and third-party databases to build leads.
- Deliver analytical assessments in clear, succinct, and appropriately caveated products that project credibility, convey recommendations, and reinforce key messages.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders within and outside the department to develop assessments that integrate disparate and seemingly innocuous data/information.
- Support senior management updates, including but not limited to tactical, operational, and strategic threats of concern, and briefing key assessments.
- Conduct comprehensive research on complex topics either independently or as part of a larger analytical effort.
- Identify intelligence gaps and prepare detailed specifications for collection.
- Guide and sharpen the analytic line in assessments, where possible and feasible.