CSIS Sr. Analyst - Open Source Intelligence
Full Job Description
The Intelligence Senior Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for leading efforts to prevent, monitor and respond to information/data breaches and cyber-attacks. The overall objective of this role is to ensure the execution of Information Security directives and activities in alignment with Citi's data security policy.
- Apply in-depth disciplinary knowledge to triage, process, analyze, intelligence alerts, reports, and briefings
- Monitor and research cyber threats with a direct or indirect impact to the Citi brand
- Assess cyber threat data and correlate with existing understanding of cyber threats impacting the Citi franchise
- Ascertain the impact of an attack and develop threat trends to assess their overall impact and inform senior decision makers
- Engage in liaison activities with intelligence communities, law enforcement, industry partners, peer financial institutions, and information sharing communities
- Complete the daily operational components of the intelligence mission
- Assume informal/formal mentor role within teams and assist with the coaching and training of new team members
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Certifications or willingness to earn within 12 months of joining
- Working knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Advanced Persistent Threat, Third Party Risks/Threats, Cybercrime, Extremist Groups and Cyber Terrorists, Hacktivism, Distributed Denial of Service attacks, Fraud, Malware, Mobile Threats
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Proven influencing and relationship management skills
- Proven analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
We are a quickly evolving organization charged with solving some of the most challenging intelligence and analytical questions posed to Citi. The work we do will engage your whole brain (as well as a fair amount of your time) and our most impactful achievements have one crucial feature in common: Colleagues who embrace our three Citi Leadership Principles:
- We Take Ownership – We challenge one another to a higher standard in everything we do.
- We Deliver with Pride – We strive for client excellence, controls excellence and operational excellence.
- We Succeed Together – We value and learn from different perspectives to surpass stakeholder expectations.
The Open Source Intelligence program (OSINT) is a global operation with regional execution. The capabilities maintained by OSINT are critical in the immediate analysis of high value fraud cases and internal wrongdoing. OSINT has a critical impact on investigations cases, including those highlighted to Citi leadership in the Cases of Significance report. Moreover, the OSINT analysis is often the key component in assessing threats to Citi executives and security threats raised by security manager or leadership.
The Open Source Intelligence Analyst position requires a high level of expertise in open source analysis. This position will conduct analysis, provide assessments and examine public unstructured data sets. In addition, OSINT is the only operation approved by Citi Legal for analysis of the deep and dark web content, as well as social media platforms directly at the source. To develop these capabilities, operational security is essential, including ongoing research and development into tradecraft and actions of threat actors.
Based in Tampa, FL this position will report to the Regional Lead Program Manager. In support of CSIS Global functions, the incumbent will conduct strategic, tactical, and operational analysis of various publicly available data sources and unconventional deep web sources with the purpose of assessing potential threats to Citi personnel and facilities. Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for seeking improvement in methodologies used and creating new solutions - based on subject matter expertise in order to identify areas of operational efficiencies for the open source intelligence program.
Key Responsibilities/ Day to Day Activities
- Apply Open Source techniques to collect, organize, synthesize, and summarize data from multiple sources in order to provide actionable information to decision makers.
- Produces analytical products and briefings/presentations for senior leadership and operational personnel on a variety of open source derived threats and intelligence reporting.
- Liaison with a broad network of partners on open source methodologies and sources of information in order to develop best practices.
- Innovate and generate new ideas, concepts, and models to improve methods of obtaining and evaluating data through qualitative and quantitative means.
- Perform analysis on disparate external data sources and evaluate multiple internal sources of information in order to determine any useful correlations between OSINT and internal data holdings.
- Drive quality, reliability, and usability of all work products.
- Demonstrate ability to identify and anticipate the problems and product/solution needs of our clients.
- Lead regional analysis of complex open source analysis for fraud and cyber investigations.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum BA, preferred, post graduate degrees welcomed.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of analytical experience in OSINT community. Previous experience with law enforcement, intelligence community, or journalism is preferred.
- Proven track record of information gathering, including strong use of commercial databases, internet and non‐digitized sources, deep and dark web, social media, etc.
- Experience is utilizing visualization software applications. Specifically link analysis e.g. Palantir, Semantica Pro, Link Explorer, I-2 or ESRI.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, evaluate and interpret complex data with a strong understanding and application of analytical techniques.
- Demonstrated self-starter and resourceful individual, with experience of operating in fast paced and dynamic operational settings.
- Broad professional experience, including prior international work experience/travel or experience working as part of a globally dispersed team an advantage.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills. Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, through all levels of the organization; with high quality written products and infographics required.
- Self-motivated with the ability and maturity to make decisions in the absence of detailed instructions.
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Office products - Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, & SharePoint – demonstrated creativity in use of these products to solve analytical problems.
- Established project management skills. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously and executes daily duties with minimal supervision.
- Bilingual candidates (Spanish, Portuguese) preferred, other languages welcomed.
Job Family Group:Technology
Job Family:Information Security
Time Type:Full time
Primary Location:Tampa Florida United States
Primary Location Salary Range:$84,410.00 - $126,620.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.