In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Open Source Collection Specialists to join our team! In this role you will get to respond to strategic operational and tactical collection needs based on raw intelligence collected from publicly available information.
Clearance Requirement: Active or Current TS w/ a current SCI
What You'll Be Doing:
- Research, collect and report on intelligence collection requirements as defined by the client.
- Work is shift work, with three 8 hour shifts to cover 24 hour operations.
- Leverage language ability, cultural knowledge, and context in research activities.
- Compose draft intelligence reports adhering to client's style guide.
- Perform duties on-site with the client at Department of Homeland Security's Headquarters element.
- Provide support to worldwide information requirements through the identification, collection, and aggregation of OSINT, media, social media, gray literature, or other publicly available information using customer approved OSINT tools.
- Conduct analytic exchanges with partners to maintain communications and situational awareness of daily activities.
- Assess and provide recommendations on emerging OSINT methodologies and tools.
- Research, evaluate, correlate, analyze, integrate, and interpret information from multiple intelligence and operational sources.
- Provide open-source intelligence support to the planning and execution of exercises to include analysis and production for scenario development and deterrence briefings, and active participation in the tabletop exercises.
- Continuously identify new sources of publicly available information using multiple sources including websites, databases, and email distribution.
- Support the development of new OSINT targeting and exploitation techniques and analyze the development of OSINT policy and tradecraft.
- Support functionality of Watch operations providing significant information on breaking events, crisis situations as directed.
What Required Skills You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution preferably in Intelligence, Criminal Justice, Political Science, History, Law Enforcement or related field.
- Knowledge of DHS I&A authorities and Intelligence Community Directives.
- Knowledge of multiple open source areas, including surface, deep, and dark web.
- Knowledge of multiple collection techniques or approaches.
- Knowledge of developing a collection plan and dissemination practices.
- Bachelors degree AND 6 years of IC experience or military collection or reporting experience.
- Additional experience and education levels accepted:
- Associates degree AND 8 years of IC experience or military collection or reporting experience.
- Masters degree AND 4 years of IC experience or military collection or reporting experience.
- High School Diploma/GED AND 10 years of IC experience or military collection or reporting experience.
What Desired Skills You'll Bring:
- Detail Oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely using a variety of styles and technique appropriate to the audience.
- Extensive analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal, and organization skills.
- Ability to get consensus and collaboration across multiple units.
- Ability to participate productively as a contributing member in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Microsoft Office and standard computer applications.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Top Secret SCIThis position is part of our Federal Solutions team.Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.
Salary Range: $81,500.00 - $142,600.00
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars!
Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!