- Serves as the U.S. Army OSINT Office's chief technical manager and subject matter expert in the areas of tools and technologies to include managed attribution capabilities for the Army OSINT Enterprise.
- Evaluates and validates open source technologies for procurement and development of OSINT technical capabilities to include assessments and pilot programs.
- Responsible for planning, directing, and supervising Open Source Intelligence Office staff coordination, exploitation, analysis, production and operations.
- Plans, directs, and supervises Open Source Intelligence Office staff; coordinates production and operations.
- Provide oversight of Army OSINT training and trade craft to include technical control and implementation, Understands Executive Orders, directives, laws, and regulations which govern OSINT operations.
- Plans work schedules and sequence of operations on a regular basis for the office, ensuring that deadlines are met and there is an even flow of work.
- Gives special instructions on difficult operations, answering technical questions about the work. Informs higher-level management of anticipated vacancies, increases in workload, or other circumstances requiring adjustment of resources.
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- In accordance with Change 3 to AR 600-85, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Program, individual must successfully pass a urinalysis screening for illegal drug use prior to appointment and periodically thereafter.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance based on a T5 (or equivalent level) investigation with eligibility for sensitive compartmented information (SCI).
- TDY travel may be required 25% or less of the time.
- All INSCOM employees may be subject to extended TDY or worldwide deployments during crisis situations to perform mission essential functions as determined by management.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 10-Point Other Veterans? Rating
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- 5-Point Veterans' Preference
- Current Army Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current DoD Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Interchange Agreement
- Disabled Veteran w/ a Service-Connected Disability, More than 10%, Less than 30%
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Prior Federal Service Employee
- United States Citizen Applying to a DCIPS Position